Thursday, April 3, 2014

Wonder Woman in Pop Life Smashed - Red/Orange Pocket Style

When I first picked up the large pocket folio (red/orange) on clearance I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. The pages are so big! But then it occurred to me they are the perfect size for the magazine articles and full-spread photos I have saved over the years about my favorite musicians, movies, and TV shows. I started the book with my original pop culture idol: Wonder Woman.


The birthday present page is copied from a fill-in-the-blank kid's book. I wrote this when I was 5 and a young fan of the Lynda Carter TV show. I was hoping for the Wonder Woman doll for my next birthday. I completed this page with some printed images, Smash tape, and magazine text.

The photo of Lynda Carter lifts up to reveal some journaling about what the glamazon super heroine has meant to me.

The facing page was completed with printed images. The text in the right corner reads "Be Bold, Be Wonder Woman".

No comments:

Post a Comment