Sunday, April 20, 2014

Adam Lambert in Pop Life Smashed - Red/Orange Pocket Style

Adam Lambert is one of my favorite people on the planet. I've been obsessed with him ever since he appeared on American Idol with his unbelievable voice and ultra-glam fashion sense. I see him as a throwback to the 70s and 80s when men in music rocked eyeliner and wore outlandish outfits, before grunge came along and ruined everybody's fun.

 
I used magazine photos, text, and some washi for these spreads. The smaller pink page was a large envelope that I opened up and slit the sides so I could use the interior.



The quote on this page reads "I'm just me. I am flamboyant. I am gay. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that."


Here is the inside of the envelope I deconstructed. I thought it was the perfect spot for this two-page spread from Rolling Stone. I printed the text of a few of my favorite lyrics and added washi for extra sparkle.



No comments:

Post a Comment