Saturday, April 5, 2014

Duran Duran in Pop Life Smashed - Red/Orange Pocket Style

Duran Duran has been my favorite group since I was old enough to discover hairspray. Their music and style has had a major impact on me and their anti-machismo provided the template for what I look for in men. I saved only a few things from my 80s fandom but thanks to the interwebs I was able to create this full 2-page spread.


For the first layout I copied a page from a book of song lyrics I own and added some printed images and washi tape. I don't remember the brand of these newsprint alphas but they were so nice to use, really thin and textured almost like vinyl.


A small bag is bound between these pages so I decorated it with more images, song lyrics, and this fun infographic I found about the guys' hairdos over the years.


I cut a sheet of double-sided paper to fit inside the pocket and made a collage with a picture of Nick from a magazine article and some washi. The reverse side is saved for journaling.


On the facing page I added images of the guys, a graphic I made of their last names, and some red lace washi for a pop of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment