Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Memories of Dad Smashed - Orange Simple Style


My father died in 2000 and I have often thought about documenting the memories I have of him. One of his most defining characteristics was his sense of humor, and I have many funny stories I plan to capture in this book. While I am not a big fan of the current mustache craze, my father had one for most of his adult life so I placed this envelope on the first page to hold photos.


I chose this page for the story of how I got my name because the plaid background was ideal for these 70s-era photos.


I am lucky to have some examples of my dad's machine-like handwriting. He worked in the field of computers from the days of punch cards and was very analytical. This chart he drew of our stereo system hookup is just mind-boggling.


No comments:

Post a Comment